Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Witch...a Graphic 45 8x8 Matchbook box!

Hello! I'm here today with a Design team project for Cut At Home. I love this time of year. I love to making Halloween projects! Today I am sharing just that...a Halloween decoration. I have used the Graphic 45 Matchbook box 8x8.



They also come in 12x12 and 3x5. They take ink, stain, or paint so well. I first gave mine 2 coats of black acrylic paint. Mostly painting the edges, knowing I will be covering them with paper. I then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my paper, first inking everything with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Black Soot. I used prints that I had currently in my stash. I adhered the papers down with Mod Podge in Matte finish.



Most all my cuts were using the Cameo (design #'s will be below). I cut the witches legs out in black, then added the top piece in orange. I made the witch a skirt, using Crate paper..also known as party streamer. I love using Crate paper in projects. It was very simple. I used a piece of scrap paper, then added double sided tape, and pleated the paper across, making 3 rows, and fluffing them up. I then used black feathers, and added them in between the layers. I love how it turned out, and was so easy. I made a broom, using  an orange-wood stick as the handle. You could also use a skewer, or even a popsicle stick.








I cut the witches hat from black cardstock as well, and patterned paper & adhered it to the top of my box, with several flowers.
I used a couple of handmade flowers, and the rest were Wild Orchid Craft Violet roses.



I added a spider, using two layers to give it more stability. Added a spider web in the back. The pearls on her shoes were white, by Recollections. I used a permanent marker, to color them black. I also used a "Haunted house" ticket stub and added that within the flowers. I also adhered a Tim Holtz Plaquette in the number 31...as it was fitting for this project.



I added a keyhole that I had in my stash, and a creepy looking owl. The owl was Gold. I used the same black acrylic paint to add a coat of black, followed up with silver paint. Added 2 yellow rhinestone eyes, and it was complete.

Silhouette America Design cuts used:

3d Broom sucker cover: 50745
Witch boots: 12941
4pc Spider Halloween set: 32458
3d Witch Hat box: 33780
Witches Brew Halloween label: 49835
Spider Web: 48736

Please checkout Cut At Home's Blog for lots more detail, and inspiration. Also check out their store at: https://www.ucutathome.com/index.php you'll find lots of great products! They are now also taking pre-orders for the new Silhouette Cameo!!!!

Here's a video showing how I put this box together:



Thanks for stopping by! ~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment