Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dressing up a gift bag for Cut At Home using Graphic 45!

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

Today for Cut At Home, I'm dressing up a plain kraft gift bag using the beautiful Graphic 45 Gilded Lily collection!

2015-07-27 19.12.49 2015-07-27 19.12.54  929050
This is a great way to give a gift...and so simple. I purchased the bag from my local dollar store.

download This paper collection is stunning!

After distressing my edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, I used the Angel Craft Tape in the 1/4" to adhere my paper to the front & back of my bag. I added some beautiful lace to the top of each side of the bag...trimming it with flat-back pearl trim.

2015-07-27 19.11.49  This die from Spellbinders is so unique! It is called Imperial Square, and it has the most beautiful detail to it. It comes with four pieces. The outside piece, an inside piece if you want to make it a frame, and two corner pieces. I used both the outside and inside piece for the front of my bag. I cut it out from the Graphic 45 6x6 collection, using my Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

I backed the inside piece of this die with chipboard, giving it dimension before adhering it down. I first inked the edges as well, with Vintage Photo.

Screenshot_1  Screenshot_5

Using a new Sizzix Framelit's With Stamp die set, I stamped the sentiment "with love" on coordinating paper, and adhered that to the front of my bag.

2015-07-27 19.11.32                       2015-07-27 19.13.18

I knew I needed a beautiful flower, so I used the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die set, along with my Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.

2015-07-27 19.11.41                        Front-Digital-20150121162032

The Flower Shaping Kit comes with several tools which help to give dimension to your flowers. I used the large stylus that comes in the kit, along with the petal curler, and ran my stylus in the center of my flowers, which breaks up the fibers in the paper, thus curling up the petals which then become dimensional. This is a very simple & quick way to add handmade flowers to any project.

Screenshot_2                    Screenshot_7

I used hot glue, and adhered a few of the flowers together, alternating the petals. I added a tiny cluster spray to the center of my flower.

2015-07-27 19.13.14

Using the Graphic 45 Tag's & Pockets, I added a tiny tag that I signed my name on.

2015-07-27 19.13.05  Here's a look at the back side of the bag.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project. I have a process video showing how I put this together, if you're interested, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog, where I have all the products listed.

Thanks for stopping by!


You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment