Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hello! Thanks for stopping by! I'm sharing a little mini album using Graphic 45's Mon Amour Collection for Cut At Home.

mon-amour

This mini album has four envelope pockets inside to hold photos...making a great brag book.

2015-09-22 14.46.45 2015-09-22 14.46.26 2015-09-22 14.46.50 2015-09-22 14.47.02

For the inside pages of my book, I used tiny Kraft envelopes that I found in the craft store. They measure 4" x 2 1/2".

2015-09-22 18.03.04 Using Spellbinders Borders Three dies, I cut the top edge off four of the bags, to give them a decorative look. I distressed all my papers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, using a Mini Ink Blending Tool.

Screenshot_13

For the outside covers of my book, I cut the chipboard for the front & back cover and the spine. I cut two pieces of medium-weight chipboard to 3 1/2" x 3", and a spine piece to 3 1/2" x 1". I then cut a piece of the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante 12x12 paper to 9 1/2" x 4 1/2". I set my spine piece in the middle of my patterned paper, then added my front & back cover using wet glue, leaving about 1/8" space between the spine, and both the front & back cover.

Screenshot_6

I tend to leave a tiny bit more than 1/8" when using G45's paper...since it is thick.
I added Angel Craft Tape 1/4" around the entire outside of my paper. I mitered the corners, but making sure I leave about 1/8" between where I cut the paper and the chipboard cover. You do not want to cut your paper right up to that edge, or it will show the chipboard when folded.

Screenshot_7

I removed all the tape backing, then folded down both my long sides, then my short sides. I run my bone-folder over all the edges to make sure they are adhered down very well.

Screenshot_14

To cover the inside, I cut down a piece of Kraft paper, to cover my spine area to 3 1/4" x 3 1/4", Then using two pieces of the patterned paper from the 8x8 G45 Mon Amour collection cut to 3 1/4" x 2 3/4",  I added Angel Craft Tape to the entire back of this paper, and also on the chipboard along the edges of my spine, and the front & back cover next to the spine area.

Screenshot_8              Screenshot_3

You want to make sure your paper is adhered very well especially in those areas, so when you are opening & closing your book, your paper will not bubble. Once your inside cover piece is added, you want to carefully fold up your book. Be very careful when doing so. I lightly run my bone folder along the bend between my front cover & spine, as well as my back cover & spine. This helps to train your book to fold nicely.

I then made a hinge for my envelopes to adhere to, which will then adhere to the inside of my book on the spine.

Screenshot_2

For my Hinge, I cut down two pieces of paper. I first measured my envelope pockets, and made my hinges a tiny bit smaller, therefore I cut two pieces to 3 1/8 x 2 1/4", and  3 1/8 x 1 3/4".  I then scored them at 3/4", flip it 180 degrees and score again at 3/4" (on the 2 1/4", & 1 3/4" side).

I now can add my little envelopes to each spine piece. I used Angel Craft Tape 1/2" & added it to only one side of each flange then adhered my envelope to it. Making sure I lined them up as I went.

Screenshot_9 Screenshot_10

Once they have all been adhered, I added my hinge to the inside spine of my book carefully centering it to the spine.

Screenshot_11

Now to add patterned paper to the front and back of each envelope, I cut papers from both the Graphic 45 8x8 and 6x6 paper pads. I cut out 8 pieces at 3" x 2 1/2". Using Angel Craft Tape 1/4" to adhere down my papers to my envelopes. I also cut 4 pieces to fit inside my envelopes to 3 1/4" x 2 1/2".

These little pockets of this mini will hold tiny photos. The little tags inside the pockets are perfect for journaling. You can also add a photo to the front & back of the envelopes if you'd like.

2015-09-22 14.47.36

To add little rolled flowers to my cover...


To shape my flower, I've used the Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping kit. I used the curler piece to grab the end of my rolled die, and rolled it around my tool. This will shape your flower. Holding it tight for a minute, I then released it & allowed it to unravel slightly. I then added some glue to the center & waited until that dried.

Screenshot_12

To the center of the rolled flowers, I added tiny pearls. To the front of the book, I used the Decorative Spellbinders Fleur De Elegance Die and cut a piece of decorative paper, then backed that with light-weight chipboard to give it a little dimension. Using a Seven Gypsies stamp set, I stamped the word "Paris" to it.

I also added a tiny bow to the front cut from the Silhouette Cameo, and also to the spine of my album.

2015-09-22 14.47.08
To the inside of the album, I used Graphic 45's World's Fair Decorative Chipboard, only adhering down the bottom, which will allow me to add patterned paper as tags to them.

2015-09-22 14.47.17     2015-09-22 14.47.25

I also added two beautiful decorative hearts using Marianne Designs Hearts.

2015-09-22 14.47.29

I have a video which shows this process in it's entirety. If you're interested to follow along, please stop Cut At Home's Blog. I will also have a list of all the products used, along with a re-cap of all the measurements. 

I hope you've enjoyed today's project. Thanks for stopping by!


You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations

~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment