Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Fall mini album for Cut At Home

Hello! Fall is my favorite time of the year, therefore I've made a fall-themed mini album for Cut At Home
.
2015-11-17 14.49.29 2015-11-17 14.49.33 2015-11-17 14.49.42  I have made a 6 1/4" x 5" chipboard album. I do have a full process video where I show how this album was made in fast-play. Please see Cut At Home's Blog if you'd like to watch that.

I have had this hanging silver stand in my stash for a while & I wanted to make it a mini-album holder out of it.

I've cut  four pieces of Chipboard to 6 1/4" x 5", then edged it with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Walnut Stain. Covered all my pages with the beautiful Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower collection 12 x 12 by using Angel Craft Tape. This is a beautiful collection that has coordinating stamps and dies. I have also used some of the papers & cut-outs from Simple Stories Harvest Lane collection. I've added large eyelets to the top of each page.

Using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Stamp & coordinating Die, I've made several hand-made flowers. I find that I use this stamp & die set over & over. This is a great set to have in your stash. You can get so many different looks with this one stamp & die set. To help with the flowers, I've used Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. This is a great set of tools to help shape your flowers & give them dimension.

For my handmade flowers, I first stamped them out using Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink onto white smooth cardstock. I then colored them in using a Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending tool with Frayed BurlapVintage PhotoWild Honey.

Screenshot_2         Screenshot_3  Using my Sizzix Big Shot Machine, I cut, stacked & shaped each of my flowers, using hot glue.

To the front of my album, I've used a cut-out from the Simple Stories Harvest Lane Collection, wrapped it with twine, added a button. Tucked a few leaves and berry spray that I had in my stash, a hand-made flower & a couple of stickers to finish it off:

2015-11-17 14.49.42 I've also tucked a little burlap trim, and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I've used lots of beautiful Spellbinders Dies in this mini album.

For this page, I've used Spellbinders Labels Forty Die, and cut a piece of the patterned paper. Added another handmade flower, and a few leaves & spray.

2015-11-17 14.50.06

I've made a pocket from some beige lace trim, added the banner "hello" to it, along with a handmade flower. I've added a few journaling tags to the pocket.

2015-11-17 14.50.14

This page uses one of my favorite dies. I've used a Spellbinders Fleur De Elegance Die. This is such a beautiful, intricate die. I've added more flowers, and a banner cut-out from the Simple Stories collection.

2015-11-17 14.50.53

For this next page, I've used the Spellbinders Labels Seventeen die, using the second and third largest in the set. I've cut two papers, layering one on top of the other. I've also added a little more burlap trim, hand made flower, and two mulberry paper leaves, along with two plastic leaves. I love how this page turned out.

2015-11-17 14.50.59

Yet again, using another of my favorites, I've die cut a frame from the Spellbinders Labels 
Thirty Nine die. I then cut two pieces of light-weight chipboard, to add behind my center piece, giving it dimension. I finished this page off with two of the handmade flowers.

2015-11-17 14.51.16

For my last page, I made it into a pocket page, using a cut-apart for the front of my pocket. Behind my cut-apart, I've added a light-weight piece of chipboard to bring it off the page slightly. I've then added two stickers from the collection, along with an acrylic flower.

2015-11-17 14.51.26

If you do not have a hanging stand, you can also bind this album with binding rings, or ribbon...here's an example:

2015-11-17 15.40.27    2015-11-17 15.40.31

This album is a perfect album for my Thanksgiving photos this year. If you'd like to watch the process of how this came together, please click on the video over on Cut At Home's Blog. You will also find a full list of supplies!

Thanks for stopping by...hope you've enjoyed!

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations

~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment