Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy birthday greeting card for Cut At Home

Hello!  Today for Cut At Home I made a fun & sweet birthday card for a girlfriend of mine.

2015-12-29 15.19.38

I used Sizzix's Stamp set Cupcake Greetings. I choose the stamp with multiple cupcakes on a stand, but it also has an adorable large cupcake, along with several sentiments:
660559
For my card base, I cut a standard A2 sized card from smooth white cardstock. I cut the paper to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Using my Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, I pulled out the stylus & scored my cardstock at 4 1/4"...giving me a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" A2 sized card. I have listed the measurements below for easy reference on Cut At Home's Blog.

Using DCWV's Glitzy Glitter Stack, I cut a mat for my card to 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" in pink glitter paper. To the top of that mat, I cut another piece of white cardstock to 5 1/8" x 4", and ran that through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine, using a Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Lovely Lace. This gave me such beautiful detail to my matted piece.
A helpful tool is the Sizzix Sandwich Book...
Sizzix-Sizzix-Sandwich-cut-at-home-2188216-22092-0 This is a quick-reference guide which tells you the recipe you will need for all different dies & embossing folders.

I adhered both mats down to my card base, using Angel Craft Tape. To my embossed mat, I first adhered two pieces of light-weight chipboard to the back, giving it dimension.

Using Ranger WaterColor Paper, I sketched & cut out a tag shape to 4 3/4" x 3", which fits my stamp perfectly. I then cut a slightly larger tag from the DCWV Glitter paper, using the same pink I used on my card base.
I stamped my image on the smooth side of the watercolor paper, using VersaFine Black Onyx Ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder & heat set it. If you notice, the image I stamped, comes with a banner flag on the top cupcake. I did not want that on my tag, therefore I first added Scotch tape over the banner portion, masking off that image. I then inked my stamp, removed the tape and stamped it down. This gave me my stamped image, minus the banner flag.

Using Tim Holtz Distress Markers I colored in my image, which I've listed here. I lightly moved the colors around using the Tim Holtz Water Brush, which then gives it a shaded watercolor look. To the Cupcake frosting, I added a little Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush, giving it a slight shimmer.

2015-12-29 15.20.01 2015-12-29 15.20.06

I  added a few pearls to the cupcake stand, along with a tiny bow using the same DCWV paper in silver.

2015-12-29 15.20.13

To finish off the inside of my card, I used the Sizzix Stamp & Die Set Stamps & Banners. I stamped out the Happy birthday greeting, then using one of the dies included with the stamp, I cut it out on white cardstock & backed it with the matching pink glitter paper.

2015-12-29 15.19.51

I hope you've enjoyed today's birthday card. Thanks for stopping by! Happy holidays!
For a re-cap on the card measurements, along with a full list of all the product used, and a video you can follow along, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment