Wednesday, January 13, 2016

5x5 Greeting card using Joy!Crafts for Cut At Home

Today I'd like to share a sweet greeting card with you for Cut At Home.

2016-01-12 16.20.33 

2016-01-12 16.20.43

For my card base I've used white cardstock, cut to 10" x 5" and on the 10" side, I scored it at 5" giving me a 5"x5" card.

I've used Authentique's Latest & Greatest 6x6 paper, and choose the black & white stripe, cutting that to 5"x 4 3/4". Then using a strip of glitter paper from DCWV Glitzy Glitter Cardstock, I cut about a 1" strip of silver paper to add to the edge, along with a scrap piece of pink paper. I've adhered everything down with Angel Craft Tape.

To the front of my card, I've added several die cuts by running them through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I cut a bird cage using a Kaisercraft die...first cutting it from light-weight chipboard, then a patterned paper from the Authentique collection, giving it slight dimension.

I've also cut several Joy!Crafts dies, the Vintage Flourishes Swirls Twigs die, and the Branch Leaves.

642x1000 JoyCrafts-Vintage-Flourishes-Swirls-Twigs-die-cut-at-home-2306607-22264-0T

These are beautiful, intricate dies. I cut several from a patterned paper using the same Authentique and DCWV collection.

2016-01-12 16.20.39  I also used a beautiful sentiment by Penny Black: Envision Die, cutting the word "dream". For the rolled flower, I used Marianne Design Creatables Rose Buds & Leaves Die. This comes with a large & medium rolled flower die. I choose the medium. To easily roll this die, I used my Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, choosing the curler piece. I love that these can easily be changed out for different tools.

download      Back-Digital-20151030114410

I also added a few flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts. For my little bird, I inked it with  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.
For the sentiment on the inside of my card, I printed a Silhouette file, and cut it to 4 3/4" x 4 3/4", leaving a small border on the inside.

2016-01-12 16.21.00

I have a video showing the process of this card, if you'd like to see it, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog...you will also find a list of products used. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you're all having a wonderful New Year!

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment