Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hello! Thanks for joining us on the blog today. I have two perfect cards for summer to share with you today! I've chosen two use Spellbinders Stamps: Be Happy Stamp, and Be Sunny Stamp, by Tammy Tutterow from Cut At Home!

2016-06-27 07.54.03

2016-06-27 07.54.15        2016-06-27 07.54.25

For both my cards, I used a white card base. For my first card, I cut my card base to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4". This gives me a top folding A2-sized card.

2016-06-27 07.54.39 I've stamped my image in Black VeraFine Onyx Ink, then added clear embossing powder, and heat-set it. I love the slight gloss that adds to your image. To color in my sentiment, I've used Chameleon Pens. These are fun to work with, and you can get a great variation of colors, or just color them directly. For my colors, I've used: Sky Blue, Warm Sunset, Cool Grey, and Purple Grape. This was quick & simple to color. I then used a white gel pen to add detail to some of the letters.

I've used the Spellbinders Labels Eighteen Die, the largest from the set, then ran my image through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I also ran the same cardstock through several times to give my image dimension, by adhering them together.

To put my card together, I used Spellbinders Celebra'tions 12x12 Cardstock, the blue matched perfectly with my image. I cut a few mats to layer in this order: Blue: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8", white: 4" x 5 1/4" Blue: 3 3/4" x 5. I then added my die cut image to the top, after wrapping white twine & tying a bow. To finish off my card, I used Glossy Accents to the heart in the image, and a few enamel dots.

2016-06-27 07.54.50

For my second card, I've used the Be Sunny Stamp by Spellbinders. I've cut my card base to 11" x 4 1/4", scoring it at 5 1/2".

2016-06-27 07.54.25 Such a sweet sentiment, that will brighten anyone's day! For this image, I've used Bic Markers to color my image in, after stamping, and embossing the same way I made my first card. I then used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Mermaid Lagoon, and Squeezed Lemonade, watered down & flicked some ink to my background. I'm also using a A2-sized card, with a green mat cut to 5 1/4" x 4", then my 
image was cut to 3 3/4" x 5". I also added a few enamel dots, along with glossy accents.

2016-06-27 07.54.332016-06-27 07.54.59

This really adds such a neat touch, hopefully you can see it in my photo. Please stop by Cut At Home's Blog for a full list of products used.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you've enjoyed today's project. I have a process video of these cards coming together:
(coming soon)

Corene

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/corenescreationsyt/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/corenescreations/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/corenescreation/

No comments:

Post a Comment