Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I'm sharing two handmade cards today for Cut At Home. The first card is a large card, that will fit into a business size envelope. It is a 9 x 3 7/8". I have used white cardstock, and cut it to 9 x 7 3/4, scoring it in half. I then added the Tim Holtz Tissue paper to the background of this entire card, using a gel medium to adhere it. While adding this, I made sure to crinkle it as I went, giving it dimension. I have used  Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die set to cut several flowers out. To the center of some of my handmade flowers, I added stamens. I love to make white flowers, to use on tone on tone projects. I have used the Die-Namites Floral Deer die, and the Diversons Jingle bells die, adding VersaMark ink to both & sprinkling with silver embossing powder. I love the look it gives these dies. Using the beautiful Kaiser Craft Street Light die, I cut a grey piece, but then decided to add a white layer to the top of that, leaving a small shadow. I then adhered all my dies, along with my Arianna Blooms flowers, and a few other flowers, to add a touch of color. I also used the Tim Holtz Holiday Words Script die, in Wonderland, embossing that as well, in silver. I added the sentiment to the inside of the card. I have a process video, showing this card if you'd like to see it, the video is below.















The second card I made, is a 4 3/4" sq. card. I added two layers, 1/4" smaller on each layer. The first layer is a scrap piece of patterned paper in soft yellow, the second layer is white card stock. On that layer, I used the Sizzix Brenda Walton embossing folder, Border blooms & Garden Roses. Which are currently on sale!! The embossing folder makes such a beautiful & clean impression. I then added a handmade flower using Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die, and a few soft yellow Cherry blossom flowers from Wild Orchad Crafts. I then added the Kaiser Craft Mannequin die, and a couple of leafs to finish it off.






I hope you've enjoyed these two cards I had to share with you today. Please stop by Cut At Home's Blog for all the details on the products used.
Here's the video:


Thanks for stopping by! ~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment