Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Clipboard Calendar using G45's "Time to Flourish"

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I was lucky enough to work with the new Graphic 45 "Time to Flourish" paper collection for Cut At Home. This is a stunning new collection by Graphic 45. It comes in the 12x12, and two different 8x8 paper pads, one being a Cut Apart. They also have the Ephemera cards, and of course their well-known chipboard, flowers, stickers, stamps, and banners. I am working with the 8x8 Cut Apart today.
I made a hanging calendar, using a clipboard I found at my local dollar store.




I gave the clipboard two coats of Gesso. Then using a periwinkle blue, I mixed that will a little bit of the white Gesso, and painted two coats of that. I also sprayed it with a glitter spray with looks beautiful. I wanted to give a little texture to it, therefore I used Liquitex Modeling Paste, and a honeycomb stencil from Sa Crafter & applied that in a few places on the front of my clipboard.




I then added a flower cluster to the bottom right of my clipboard, and a smaller one to the top left. This was a fun project to put together & a great way to display your calendar.









To the back of the clipboard, I added a small pocket, using a piece of patterned paper. I also added a row of pearls to the top of the pocket. This pocket serves as a way to hold the additional calendar months, when not in use.
I love also that the Graphic 45 papers are double-sided, therefore the back side of each month, there is room for photos, notes, whatever you'd like. These can then serve as a memory keeper in the future.





I hope you've enjoyed today's project, and check out the new Graphic 45 Time to Flourish line from Cut At Home. Please check out Cut At Home's Blog here for more information & inspiration. If you sign up for the VIP emails, you will receive monthly coupons!!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.
Here's a video showing the process:


No comments:

Post a Comment