Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Happy birthday shaker card for Cut At Home

Hello! I'm so happy you stopped by today! I'm sharing a shaker card today for Cut At Home. This shaker card is not a dimensional card, but rather a flat card, which works great for sending through the mail.
2015-05-18 16.43.14 2015-05-18 16.43.19
I started my card with a white card base cutting it to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scoring it at 4 1/4" giving me a standard A2 sized card.
I then used the beautiful Spellbinders Labels Seventeen die for the front window on my card.
2
I choose the second from the largest die, and centered it on the front of my card, using a piece of tape to hold it in place.

I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I used a piece of transparency paper (from my local office store) and using Angel Craft Tape, I adhered that directly behind my decorative window on the front of my card.
On the same white cardstock, I stamped my Penny Black image, Cake and wishes (currently on sale) using Tuxedo Black by Memento.
I used my Tim Holtz Distress Markers to color in my image (colors listed here).
2015-04-07 13.38.27 2015-04-07 13.38.19
I fussy cut my image out. Using the Black Soot distress marker, I went around the outside of the entire image, after cutting it out. This gives your image a finished look...since you won't see any of the white from the paper. I finished up the image using a white gel pen & filled in all the polka dots on her dress, and the trim at the bottom of her dress.
I cut out three balloons (design # listed below) from my Silhouette Cameo from green, red, and blue. I used a little crochet twine for the string, adhering them to a piece of patterned paper that will sit inside of my window.
To my transparency window, I used Black Staz-On ink and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the stamp set. Here's a hint: if you're not happy with the stamped image, or it get's smeared, use a little rubbing alcohol, and a paper towel to remove it and start over.
Once I was happy with the placement, I added a little bit of glitter, and colored confetti to the inside of my window, then adhered my patterned paper to the top of that.
I glued down my stamped image to the front of my card.
I decided it needed more color to the front of the card. I again used the Spellbinders Labels Seventeen dies. The largest and second largest, taping them down to my yellow patterned paper, and running it through my Big Shot. This gave me a perfect frame to fit the outside of my window.

I used some wet adhesive to adhere that down. I then cut one more die cut out for the inside of my card, giving me a place for my greeting.
2015-05-18 16.43.56 2015-05-18 16.43.49 2015-05-18 16.43.27
I hope you've enjoyed today's project. Shaker cards are so much fun to make!
If you'd like to see a full process video on this, please click on the video below.
Please stop by Cut At Home's Blog for all the products used, and more inspiration!

Silhouette Balloons: Design ID #55816

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations

Thanks for stopping by! ~Corene~


No comments:

Post a Comment