Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Penny Black Greeting Card!

Hello & thanks for stopping by. Today for Cut At Home, I'm sharing a sweet little card that can be used for many occasions.

2015-06-09 16.42.562015-06-09 16.43.00


I'm playing with an adorable Penny Black stamp called Make a Wish.



PB-40-368

I'm playing with an adorable Penny Black stamp called Make a Wish.
I stamped the image on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and colored it in with my favorite Tim Holtz Distress Markers...colors I've used are listed here.

2015-04-07 13.38.27 2015-04-07 13.38.19

For her skirt, I stamped the image again on pink polka dot patterned paper, and fussy-cut it out.

Screenshot_2

Using my Black Soot Distress Marker, I ran it around the edges of my fussy-cut piece to give it a perfectly clean look. I then used my Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen & used it on the Dandelion flowers, along with the little heart on her shirt.
Using my Sizzix Big Shot Machine, and the Spellbinders Thirty-Nine dies, I choose to use the largest one to cut out my image.
S4-462
I then used the largest die, along with the second largest and cut out a frame from a yellow patterned paper to go around the edge of my image.

Screenshot_4

My card base was cut from white cardstock to 5 1/2 x 11 & scored in half at 5 1/2...giving me a square card. Using My Minds Eye Adventure patterned paper, I cut two mats for the front of my card. The first one I cut at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 & the next was 5x5. Using Angel Craft Tape in the 1/4" I adhered my first mat to my card base. Before adhering the second mat, I first used the Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit & using the stylus from it, I ran it over my score board right around the edges, giving it a little dimension.

Screenshot_5  It gives it just a small outline.
Before adhering down the second mat, I distressed & folded up the edges slightly. I did not want that layer to lay completely flat. I then adhered that down. I added chipboard behind my stamped image to give it dimension & adhered that to the front of my card.
Using the Envision Die from Penny Black, I cut out the word Imagine. It cut's out so beautifully and I absolutely love the font!!
PB51-108-22015-06-09 16.43.28
I finished my card off by adding a little flower cluster in the top left, and bottom right of my image.

2015-06-09 16.43.092015-06-09 16.43.22

I sure hope you've enjoyed today's greeting card. Please check out Cut At Home's Blog for all the product codes used for this card.
If you'd like to see a process video on this card, please click on the the link below to my YouTube channel below.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment