Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hello! For today's project at Cut At Home, I have a beautiful altered Composition book. You can find these almost anywhere...especially now with back to school starting, you can find them on sale.

2015-08-11 18.52.41 2015-08-11 18.52.52 composition_book_student_teacher_invitation-r93359a9827f540a5bbf0a950ee457b39_zk9c4_324
To alter my book I've used the beautiful Graphic 45 Mon Amour Collection, which is now available for pre-order, and will be shipping soon! This is such a beautiful collection. I think Graphic 45 have out-done themselves with this one!!

monamour-logo

First, I prepped my book. I used a nail file & roughed up the edges of both the front and back covers. This gives me a good rough base on the edges for my ink to stick to. You want to ink your edges because they will slightly show after you've added your papers. To ink my edges, I've used Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Black Soot. You can also add any ink you'd like, directly from your ink pad.
On the inside of the front & back cover...the edge which is next to the paper, I added a strip of Electrical tape. I do this in case some of the edge shows, it gives it a black border. You can also do this with a black sharpie marker if that is easier for you.

Screenshot_2

I cut four pieces of paper from the 12x12 collection. Two for the front & back covers on the outside at:      9 3/4 x 6 13/16". Two for the inside pieces: 9 3/4 x 7 1/4". I edged them with my Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black soot, and rounded the corners to match with the corners of my book. To round the corners, I used my Making Memories Crop-a-dile corner rounder in the 1/4".
After the ink on my book was dry, I adhered my papers using Angel Craft Podge in Semi-Gloss.

9a96eefa2db8ff469fedd70775cee2953e2a287e

I love using this to adhere papers. You will not get bubbling with your papers, like when you use Mod Podge. I press the papers on to my book & use a paper towel to rub along the outside, making sure it is adhered well. If any of the corners are coming up, just add a little more of the Angel Craft Podge behind them. You will not have to worry about this staying on... it's a very strong adhesive.
I fussy-cut a few pieces from the left over paper's I had. Even though I knew I might not use them in today's project, they are great to have for future projects.

Snapshot 1 (8-11-2015 9-29 PM)

I then choose a Journaling card from the Graphic 45 Mon Amour Journaling & Ephemra cards...and used a Spellbinders Labels Forty die to cut out a bracket shape from that journaling card. I used the second from the largest die in that set & ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I also cut out two pieces of thin chipboard to back it with, giving it dimension. To add this piece to my book, I used Angel Craft Tape 1/2".

Snapshot 2 (8-11-2015 9-30 PM)

To embellish the cover of my book, I choose some braided black trim to go down the side. I also used Sizzix Love Labels Die to cut a few banners and a tab, using the 6x6 paper pad. I love the variety that Sizzix gives you with this die. I added the tab die to the top of my book, along with a journal spot that I fussy-cut from the 8x8 collection.

2015-08-11 18.53.06

I did add three of the diamond shapes that I fussy-cut from the paper, popping up one of them to give it dimension.

Screenshot_3

I made sure to edged all my pieces in Black Soot Distress Ink to match. To the top of the diamond piece, I cut a stamp piece from the 8x8 paper collection.

Screenshot_4

I added a Penny Black Envision Die...the word "imagine" to my bracket piece. I love the font of this die. It's one of my favorites. I also backed that on chipboard as well.

2015-08-11 18.53.11

To finish off the cover, I added some beautiful Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, leaves, lace, and a bow that I cut from the Silhouette Cameo.

2015-08-11 18.52.55 2015-08-11 18.52.59 2015-08-11 18.53.022015-08-11 18.52.33

Here's photos of the back & inside pages:

2015-08-11 18.53.25 2015-08-11 18.53.51 2015-08-11 18.53.38

I do have a full process video of putting this project together. If you'd like to see it from start to finish, please click on the video below (coming soon).

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you've enjoyed!

For a full list of products used, please check out Cut At Home's Blog. You can also sign up to receive their VIP email list & receive monthly specials & coupons!

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment