Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Hello!
Today for Cut At Home I have two cards to share with you. I've used the beautiful Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Collection.

2015-08-17 18.38.16     

2015-08-17 18.38.20

For both cards, I stamped my image's on watercolor paper. I used Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I stamped my images on the smoother side with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink, and my Fiskars Stamp Press. I then colored them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers (colors listed here) and the Tim Holtz Water Brush. These markers are fun to use & so easy to get beautiful shading with.

I then used the Spellbinders Celebra'tions Pierced Rectangles die, and choose the largest in the set for my first card, along with the pierced die. I ran that through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

2015-08-17 18.34.06 2015-08-17 18.33.43

2015-08-17 18.33.38 I love the detail this die gives to the edge of your paper. I added a little Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen to the center of my sunflowers...giving them a little sparkle.

I matted my image on two patterned papers from the Classic Sunflower 12x12 paper, then added that to the front of my card using Angel Craft Tape. I've used both the 1/2" and the 1/4" tape to adhere it down. Due to the water that I used, my image piece did get slightly warped, therefore using a strong adhesive to the entire back of my piece allowed it to lay flat.
For my sentiment, I used the greeting from Heartfelt Creations Chick Retreat Stamp. It say's "Wishing you sunny days and happy hours every day". I just love the beautiful script font! To help with the placement of my greeting, I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig. That will help you get perfect placement every time!

The card base was cut to 9 1/2" x 6 scored at 4 3/4" giving me a 4 3/4 x 6" card base. The patterned paper mats were cut down by 1/8" each, leaving a slight border.

Here's my second card:

2015-08-17 18.37.51      2015-08-17 18.37.55 

2015-08-17 18.34.20  For this card, I used the second from largest die in the Spellbinders Celebra'tions Pierced Rectangles set, giving me the same great pierced look. I then cut two mats from the paper collection and added it to my card base. My card base was 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4", giving me a standard A2 sized card. I've also used Angel Craft Tape to adhere this down. I added a little bit of burgundy ribbon to match my mat piece. I then stamped it with a beautiful JustRite stamp that say's "Dream the impossible".

The Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower Collection has lots of different stamps and dies to choose from. Heartfelt Creations always gives you a large selection that coordinates together which makes it easy to make beautiful projects!
I hope you've enjoyed today's cards. If you'd like to see step by step of how I made the first card, or a list of products used, please check out Cut At Home's Blog for all the information. 

Thanks for stopping by! ~Corene

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations


No comments:

Post a Comment