Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hello! Today for Cut At Home, I'd like to share a quick little mini album with you.

2015-08-18 15.55.21 2015-08-18 15.56.18

I'm using the stunning Graphic 45 Mon Amour collection, which is available for pre-order from Cut At Home (shipping soon)!

monamour-logo

I love the Graphic 45 Journaling & Ephemera cards, and try to find unique ways to use them. I have found a Silhouette cut that is a little mini album which will hold your 3x4 journaling cards perfectly! I will also be adding 3x4 photos inside the pockets giving myself a little mini album in a box! This little album will hold your photos, and room for lots of journaling!

This mini album has a scalloped edge, giving it more character. I've cut 8 pockets for the mini album from black cardstock, and used a piece of the 12x12 paper from the G45 collection for my box. To bind the mini together, I added black seam binding and tied a knot.

2015-08-18 15.55.51 To the front of the box, I've used the Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Four die, and cut the larger piece from the same black cardstock that matches my album pockets. I ran that through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I then cut a circle from the same die set from the 8x8 paper collection. Added a few flowers to finish it off.

2015-08-18 15.56.24 2015-08-18 16.05.30

This makes for a quick brag album, and would make a great gift. I have instructions for you to make similar pockets as the ones I have made, if you do not own a Silhouette Cameo. It's very easy to do:

To make a pocket by hand:
Cardstock: 6 3/4" x 5 1/8"
Score: On the 6 3/4" side: 1/2", 3 5/8".
On the 5 1/8" side: 1"
Cut out your tab, fold and glue. If you desire, use a decorative edge punch.

Hope you've enjoyed this fun mini album. If you'd like to see a step by step, or information on products used, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog & click on the video.

Lori Whitlock Silhouette Cut: http://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/?page=view-shape&id=50285

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
Thanks for stopping by!~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment