Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hello! Today for Cut At Home I'm sharing two fun 5x5 greeting cards.

2015-10-06 15.34.21                2015-10-06 15.34.17

For both cards, I started with black cardstock, cut to 10" x 5" and on the 10" side, I scored at 5"...giving me a 5x5" card.
For my first card...

2015-10-06 15.33.51        2015-10-06 15.33.47

I choose a polka dot pattern from the Simple Stories Snap collection, and cut my mat to 4 7/8" x 4 7/8", then adhered it down with Angel Craft Tape.

download Lables Forty Nine Dies, I choose the largest, and second largest from the set of 6. I cut out 4 frames from black cardstock, and adhered them together, giving it dimension. To cut them, I used my Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

Screenshot_2

For the inside of my frame, I cut another piece of the patterned paper, a light grid pattern from the Simple Stories Collection, by using the second largest die in the set. This gives me a base to add my balloons to.

Screenshot_3 Using a Marianne Design Collectables Die With Stamps Balloons, I cut a pink & yellow grid paper from the same collection. I then stamped the balloon strings. I love that this die set comes with the stamps included. To stamp my strings, I used Versafine Black Onyx Ink.

Then to add a little more fun to this card, I used another die from Marianne Design Creatables Die Bow. I love, love using bows on projects. This die set is fun because it comes with a decorative star layer that you can choose to add or not. I did use it on today's project.

Screenshot_4 I incorporated the same pink color from the balloon. To finish off the front of my card, I added a few enamel dots.

For the inside of my card, since I'm using black cardstock, I cut another Labels Forty Nine die...the largest one & added a piece of the patterned paper to the inside. This makes a perfect spot for my greeting.

2015-10-06 15.35.00

For my second card:

2015-10-06 15.34.33     

2015-10-06 15.34.36

Using the same concept for this card, I also used the Simple Stories paper, and choose a grey stripe. I also cut the same frame from black cardstock. For my inside piece, I choose a light grid pattern. I stamped the flowers from Joy Clair's Hugs and Smiles Stamp Set. This is a fun set and comes with lots of great sentiments. I stamped my image with Versafine Black Onyx Ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored the image in with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers (colors listed below). To the center of some of the flowers, I added a few enamel dots.

I did my stamping before adding this piece to my card. Once the stamping, and coloring were done, I then adhered it down using Angel Craft Tape, adhering my frame last.

2015-10-06 15.35.14

For my "Hello" sentiment, I used a Marianne Design Collectables Die with Stamp Alphabet. This die set comes with two stamps...a stripe, and checker design that you can choose to stamp first, then cut them out. Today I just cut them from the coordinating patterned paper.

2015-10-06 15.34.43  I also finished the inside of my card with a place to add my greeting.

Here's one last look at both of the cards:

2015-10-06 15.33.56                             

2015-10-06 15.34.33

I hope you've enjoyed today's cards. If you'd like to see a process video on one of these from start to finish, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog. I will also have all the products used today listed on the blog.  Thanks for stopping by.


You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment