Wednesday, December 23, 2015

12x12 Scrapbook Layout for Cut At Home

Thanks for stopping by  today! I have a fun Scrapbook Layout to share with you for Cut At Home. I was recently looking through my scrapbooks, and only saw 2 out of dozens of layouts, that had photos of myself in them. I know that I need to be better about documenting photos of myself, just as I do my family.

I lost my mom at an early age, and do not have many photos of her, therefore I do not want the same for my son, or my family. I hope that I can inspire you to document a photo of yourself, not those of just your family. I think your family will appreciate it!

2015-12-22 16.09.12  Here's a 12x12 layout. I used a 5x5 photo, and printed the words "Just Imagine" onto the photo. The font was a design from the on-line Silhouette Store. I also choose to print my photo in black & white. They are my FAVORITE to scrapbook!

Behind my photo, I used a gorgeous die from Spellbinders....Imperial Square. This is a detailed, and beautiful die:
S6-021  I cut the die from smooth white cardstock, and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

The black stripped paper is from Heidi Swapp's Hello Beautiful Paper Pack. I also used a few strips of scraps I had from My Minds Eye Find Your Wings And Fly collection. I thought they paired beautifully. For the background, I used smooth white cardstock. I then cut my black stripped paper slightly, leaving a white border. I adhered all my papers down using Angel Craft Tape.

2015-12-22 16.10.32
I also fussy-cut a few flowers from the same Heidi Swapp collection. To the center of the bottom left flowers, I added the word "dream" using Penny Black's Envision Die...another one of my favorites! I cut that from DCWV Glitzy silver glitter paper. I added a rhinestone 
buckle, along with a pearl to the center.

2015-12-22 16.10.48              2015-12-22 16.10.52

A tip for fussy-cutting, is to let your scissors do the work. Turn your paper, not your scissors, and take your time. After cutting out my flowers, I edged them using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot.

2015-12-22 16.10.36  Another one of my favorite dies to use is the Marianne Design Creatables Bow Die! This die also comes with an optional piece that allows you to add a design of stars to the top of it, or just the bow itself, as I did on my layout. I added a pearl brad to the center.

For my cluster at the top, I added a silver scallop piece, cut using a Fiskars Edge Punch from the same DCWV Glitzy Glitter Stack. I also tucked a scallop piece to the right & left of my photo. I adhered my bow to the top of a Spellbinders Petite Labels One Die. I first backed that on a piece of light-weight chipboard giving it dimension.

2015-12-22 16.10.29  For a little texture, I added two Dandelion wood cut-outs from Wild Orchid Crafts.

If you'd like to see a video of this layout come together, and a full list of supplies used, please click stop by Cut At Home's Blog. I hope you've enjoyed today's project, and I've inspired you to scrap photos of yourself, as well as your family!

Thanks again, for stopping by!

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment