Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Adding dimension to typography for Cut At Home!

I love using dimension with my titles, or sentiments. Whether it be a scrapbook page, a smash book page, or a card, using different products to give a 3-D effect will help give my page a unique look & feel. This is such a trending technique to use, which will give your project more character.

Some examples of products that you can use to help with that 3-D effect would be:
Foam tape, pop-dots, chipboard, cereal box, fun-foam, or cardstock.

2016-02-29 15.25.20   2016-02-030

One of my favorite ways to give a title dimension, is using several layers of cardstock.
Here's an example:

2016-02-29 15.21.09  2016-02-29 15.21.15

With this title, I've cut out four pieces of cardstock, using 110 lb weight & adhering them together. This gives me a great thick chipboard-type look.

2016-02-29 15.22.31

Here's a card I made using four layers of cardstock for the sentiment:

2016-02-29 15.23.28 To put this card together, I first stamped a Joy Clair Stamp, then colored the image with my Chameleon Markers. Using Spellbinders Celebra'tions Pierced Rectangles Die, I cut out a mat for my card, then backed it with Spellbinders Celebra'tions 12x12 Assorted Solid Cardstock & added that to a card base. I finished it off with adding my cardstock sentiment, which was colored with a marker, & added a few enamel dots. You can find these at Cut At Home.

You can also simply use pop-dots behind your sentiment or title. Pop-dots come in all different thicknesses, and sizes. If you don't have the correct size, simply cut it to size, or layer them on top of each other for more height. You can also get pop-dots in black if that matches your project better, or you're worried about seeing it from the side.

2016-02-29 15.23.37 Using a Marianne Collectables Die With Stamped Alphabet I cut out the word "Hi", and added some pop-dots to the back.

I also like using chipboard behind my die cut word. I use a light-weight chipboard for this effect. You can also use any recycled box you may have on hand. This will cut nicely in your die-cutting machine. I am using the Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I like to first glue my paper to my chipboard. For this, you can use a wet adhesive, or a double-sided adhesive like Angel Craft Tape. Just glue down your paper, and simply run it through your machine. This gives you instant dimension.

2016-02-29 15.23.17

Another fun way, is to use fun-foam. This can be found in the children's craft section at any craft store. Simply run it through by itself, or add your decorative paper using double-sided adhesive first.

2016-02-29 15.23.01 2016-02-29 15.24.02 

2016-02-29 15.22.17  For this method, if I'm using a detailed or intricate die, then I like to use my Sizzix Precision Base Plate. This will allow it to cut out with ease.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to get dimension, or a 3-D effect with your projects. I am also sharing a video, using some of these products. For that video, and a full list of supplies, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog.

Thanks for stopping by today!


You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
~Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment