Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Parisian themed shaker card for Cut At Home!

Thanks for stopping by today. I'd like to share a sweet Parisian themed shaker card I made using supplies from Cut At Home!

2016-04-04 16.04.27       2016-04-04 16.04.35
2016-04-04 16.05.43     2016-04-04 16.05.20
For this card, I started with a black card-base from black cardstock. Here are the measurements:

Card measurements:
Card Base: 11" x 5" scored at 5 1/2"...giving a base card of 5 1/2" x 5"
First Mat: 5 3/8" x 4 7/8"
Second Mat: 5 1/4" x 4 3/4"

To build my card, I used two patterned papers from Nitwit Collections-Ooh La La. I edged them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Black Soot using a Mini Ink Blending Tool. I added my first layer to my card base using Angel Craft Tape. For my second mat, I cut a bracket shape (for my window) from the front, using a Spellbinders Nestabilities die:
61cwG+b3PFL._SY355_
This is the Labels Seventeen Die. Using the second to largest die, I cut out a window for the front of my card. I then used the largest, and second largest die, and nested them together on black cardstock & running them through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. This gave me a perfect black border for the front of my card. Behind that mat, I used a piece of Heartfelt Creations Clear Cardstock, and sandwiched another piece of black cardstock behind that, using the same die for a window to match my card. You don't see this black layer, but I wanted to give it more stability. I love using the Clear Cardstock, because it is very high quality, thick clear cardstock. Behind that, I added a layer of 3M Foam Tape, which will allow room for my sequins. I set that aside, and embellished the front of my card.

I used a Cottage Cutz Eiffel Tower, Lamp & Poodle Die! This is a fun die to work with. I cut the lamp-post and sign from black cardstock. I cut the Eiffel Tower from Silver Foil Paper. Being that this is an intricate die, I made sure to use my Sizzix Precision Base Plate...this gives me a beautiful cut & all my negative pieces are easily released! For the mat on the front of the sign, I added the foil paper to the center of the sign, and with a pen, I embossed the word "Bonjour":

2016-04-04 16.05.03 Hope you can pick up on that in the photo.

To the front of my card, I added a few paper flower cut-outs that match the paper collection. Some of the flowers I added directly to my card, and others on foam squares. I've sprinkled some iridescent sequins inside of my window area. A few of the sequins, I added a little Glossy Accents and stuck them down. This way, even when my card is upright, there will still be a few sequins that are attached at the top. I also added a few ivory pearls throughout, again using Glossy Accents.

I added my top mat piece to my card-base. To the top of my card, I've embellished with a few Wild Orchid Craft Flowers.

2016-04-04 16.05.20

I finished off the inside of my card, using the same patterned paper from the negative piece I cut from the front of my card. I also added the extra lamp-post & the poodle from the die set.

2016-04-04 16.04.45

I love how this card turned out, if you'd like to watch the start to finish video on this along with a full list of supplies used, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Corene

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations

No comments:

Post a Comment