Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Hello! Thanks for stopping by! I'd like to share a sweet greeting card using the Penny Black Stamp Summer Love from Cut At Home:
Penny-Black-Summer-Love-stamps-cut-at-home-486100-22666-2 This is one of Penny Blacks "T for Transparent" stamps. These stamps are at a great price point, and they are made from top-quality photopolymer stamps. They stick extremely well on acrylic blocks, are durable and the transparent nature of these sets makes it easier to line up images without the need of a guide.  This is a feature that is particularly helpful with alphabets, borders and backgrounds.

2016-05-22 19.34.02

For my card, I used a white card-base cut to 11" x 4 1/4" scored in half at 5 1/2" giving me an A2-sized card. I then cut a mat of patterned paper to: 5 1/4" x 4". For my image, I stamped it on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Versafine Black Onyx Ink, then heat-set it with clear embossing powder. I colored my image using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers (colors listed on Cut At Home's Blog).

PCBL-DistressMarkers I just scribble some of the marker onto an acrylic block. Using a Tim Holtz Water brush, I first add water to the portion I'm going to color, then pick up some of the color and fill it in. Before coloring my image, I first stamped it off on copy paper, then fussy-cut it out, added removable tape and covered my image for a mask. I then used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass in his Mini Ink Kit 8, and a Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending tool, to give myself a light blue background.

2016-05-22 19.33.51 2016-05-22 19.33.55
After my image was colored, I used a Spellbinders Floral Ovals Die to cut out my image:
download This is a beautiful die set! I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine, using a Sizzix Precision Base Plate. This is a great tool to have when using intricate dies! Before adhering my patterned paper, I first tied a little ribbon...then adhered down with Angel Craft Tape. For my image, I added a thin piece of chipboard for a slight dimension. To finish off my card, I added three pearls!

2016-05-22 19.33.59

I hope you've enjoyed my card, using this sweet stamp! Please stop by Cut At Home's Blog for a full list of supplies, and a video with a full start to finish of this card coming together. I have also listed the Distress Colors used for this card over on the blog.
Thanks again, for stopping by!
~Corene

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations

No comments:

Post a Comment