Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Card using Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die & stamps!

Today I have the pleasure of sharing the Arianna Blooms die & stamp set by Heartfelt Creations from Cut At Home. This is a beautiful set to work with. I love the fact that out of one stamp, you can get so many different looks.

The quality of Heartfelt Creations is impressive. Their stamps give you such a great impression each and every time. They are mounted on cling foam, which can be used on an acrylic block.  With the matching die, there is no fussy cutting necessary. They cut out perfect each and every time, saving you time.  


The possibilities are endless with a stamp like this. You can stamp any color you'd like, then color them with pencils, copic markers, ink, watercolor pencils, whatever you'd like....even spray them with your favorite color mists. 





 What I like to do, once I've stamped and cut them out, is add some dimension to them. A way to achieve that is by lightly spraying with water.Break the fibers of the paper by using a stylus and rubbing the petals in a circular motion, then dragging down the petal toward the middle.  Once you've done that with each petal, then flip it right side up, and make a circular motion in the center of the petal...this will give you dimension. Adhere them largest to smallest, using hot glue, or wet glue alternating the petals each time. You can add the stamen that come in this set, or a rhinestone, or pearl...what ever you'd like.  Another method is by bending each petal (about 4 at a time) around a pencil, or paint brush, giving them a curve. For a dimensional flower, you can add about 4-5 of them on top of each other. Then use 3-4 of the medium sized petals to form a bud for the center of your flower. After cupping the first one together, add that to the second one, the third, then the fourth. That will form your "bud". Add that into your larger petals. That Is what I did to make the large white flower on my card. You can see how I did this in my start to finish video.





To make the card, I used an 8 1/2 x 7 1/2" paper. On the 7 1/2" side, I scored it at 3 3/4", which will fit into a business sized envelope.  I added two mats that I cut from the Cameo, using Heidi Swapp's "Vintage Chic" paper collection. I used two different flowers, along with some lace, a doily, leaves cut from the Silhouette Cameo, and a few flourishes. I added 3 pink flowers, to give it color. Along the lace, I added pearls. This card turned out beautiful, because they focus on the two flowers made from the Arianna Blooms stamp set.  My card will need to be hand delivered, or sent in a bubble envelope, since it is so dimensional. 











I have a video, showing how I made this card, from start to finish. I also show how I shaped some of these flowers. Please check it out if you're intrested.

For more information on the products I've used, please check out Cut At Home. Their blog offers product information, and inspiration. Here is the link: http://www.ucutathome.com/blog/

Thanks for stopping by! Here's the video:



No comments:

Post a Comment