Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Hello! Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I have a fun project to share with you today, using Tim Holtz Ideology Tissue Paper for Cut At Home. I needed a small giftbox to hold a present for a friend, so I made a box using cardstock paper. For all the details on how I made the box, please check the video below. Once I added my present, and a little bit of white tissue paper to the inside, my box was ready to wrap. I wrapped it, using the Tim Holtz Tissue Paper. Using some red satin ribbon I had in my stash, I added that to my box, wrapping it on the underside, and bringing it back around, to adhere to the top of my box. I did the same with baker's twine, leaving a small bow on top. 




I love how versatile the Tissue Paper can be. You can ink it, or stain it, or color it, or make handmade flowers out of it...which is what I did. I love that it matches my package. I choose to use the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die to make my flower from, which gave me a dimensional flower. I then added a pearl to the center of my flower. I used my Sizzix Big Shot machine to cut several layers of the tissue at one time.
I wanted a small sentiment on top of my box. I choose to use the Spellbinders D-Lites Petite Labels 6 dies. I used the largest of the bracket shape, and cut that from white cardstock, along with the D-Lites Sentiments 3 using the word "with love". I added Versamark stamp ink to the "with love", and gold embossing powder, then heat setting it with my heat tool. 






I think this makes for a lovely way to give a gift, with a handmade spin on it. 
I hope you've enjoyed this box, and give it a try next time you're looking for a small gift to give. 

Check out Cut At Homes Blog for all the product information & inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by! Here's a video showing the process of this gift box.



No comments:

Post a Comment