Wednesday, March 18, 2015


Hello! Today for Cut At Home I'd like to share a beautiful card that will hold a gift card.
For the first time I made a paper bag card. I've chosen the stunning Graphic 45 papers. I used 8x8  Sweet Sentiments, and Home sweet home 6x6 paper pad.




I am using the Celebrate It brand from Michael's, but any brand will work. You may just need to adjust your mat sizes. The bag I am using measures 4 5/8 x 2 7/8 s 8 5/8. These bags come in several sizes and colors. I've selected the Kraft. I first cut 3/4" off the top of the bag to give myself a clean, straight edge. Using the stylus in my Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Paper Shaping Kit, I scored the bag. Where the fold meets the bag, I ran my stylus down my scor-board, giving myself a nice crease, making it easy to fold.



I added my cardstock mats (see measurements below), using Angel Craft Tape in 1/4". After adding both my cardstock and patterned paper I sealed my 'pocket' closed. 



Using a Graphic 45 Large Tag Album, I cut it down to approximately 5 1/2" tall, and added a beautiful satin bow. 



For the front of my card I used a cardstock piece I had left over from a Graphic 45 mixed media box...it was the perfect color. I cut it down about 1" on the side, then added a beautiful "Happy birthday" from the JustRight Stampers set. I also used the same stamp set for the back of the card, which says "Just for you".

I then adhered a gift card to the cardstock mat, and will add my greeting to the top tag. 




Cardstock mat front of card: (1) 4 1/2 x 4 1/2
Cardstock mat front flap of card: (1) 4 1/2 x 2 3/4
Cardstock mat back of card: (1) 5 1/4 x 4 1/2
Patterned paper mat front of card: (1) 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
Patterned paper mat front flap of card: (1) 4 1/4 x 2 1/2
Patterned paper mat back of card: (1) 5 x 4 1/4

I really enjoyed making this card, and will definitely be making more in the future.

Thanks for stopping by. If you'd like to see a step by step of this card process, please click on the video below. 
Please stop by Cut At Home's Blog for more inspiration, and great products!


Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment