Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Birthday tag & giftcard holder!

I'm here today to share a birthday tag, which also holds a gift card for Cut At Home. I've used the Graphic 45 Large Tag Album and Lawn Fawn Bake Me A Cake Stamp set.

G45 tag                         

I  traced my tag on Simple Stories patterned paper and cut it out. For the top hole, I use a 1/2" circle punch, which works perfectly with these tags.
      
I love how cute this tag turned out to be. Using Angel Craft Podge, I adhered my paper to the front & back of my tag. The attached brush really comes in handy, and makes clean up so much easier! I've distressed the edges of my tag with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.

ACP semi gloss
I stamped out my cake layers from the Bake Me A Cake Stamp set, with Momento London Fog ink. This ink will not smear, when it comes in contact with water. Using my Tim Holtz Distress Markers, I choose colors based on my paper selection. These markers go great with the Simple Stories collection since it also has a distressed look.

Snapshot 1 (4-20-2015 6-31 PM)

After adding my color to the cake, I used my water brush to move the color around, which gave it a water colored look. I have listed the colors used below.
I cut all my layers out, leaving a small tab below each layer, which then allowed me to glue it to the previous layer. Before cutting out my layers however, I did re-stamp the top of each cake layer with Versafine black ink, giving it a clean edge.
Stamping directly on the tag, I used one of the cake stands & black ink. I then added my cake to the tag with a few candles to the top.

Snapshot 2 (4-20-2015 6-32 PM)

Next, I cut out three balloons from the Cameo. Being that I wanted the colors to match perfectly, I used my Distress Markers, and colored in the balloons. There are three layers to the balloon. For the first and second layer I used the same color but gave one of them one coat, the other two coats, which then gives it a tone on tone look. I love that it all coordinates so well. I used Baker's Twine for the balloon strings. Two of the balloons I popped up off the page, leaving one adhered flat by adhering it with Angel Craft Tape.

2015-04-20 14.10.59

I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on white cardstock after coloring the paper with my markers. I used a Spellbinders Labels Forty die to cut it out & adhere with pop dots to the front.

2015-04-20 14.11.02

In the stamp set, there is a tiny star that I colored with my markers as well & added several to the front of the tag.
Finishing up the front of the tag with a bow cut from the Cameo.

2015-04-20 14.11.06

To the back of the tag, I used a piece of scrap paper that matches the front, and cut it to approx. 1" larger then the width of my tag, scoring it 1/2" on both sides. I cut it to approx. 3 1/2" tall, giving it a score 1/2" down. I then mitered the corners, which will reduce bulk when I fold it. Using Angel Craft Tape, I adhered it to my page.

2015-04-20 14.11.34

Cutting out another mat for my sentiment to slip into the pocket, I used a larger die from the same Spellbinders Labels Forty set and cut it from my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. This now gives me a spot to write my greeting. This pocket will also hold my gift card.
If you'd like to see the process of how this came together, please check out the video on my YouTube channel here.

Please check out Cut At Home's Blog for all the products used in this project, along with more details. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment