Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Brag book using Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime for Cut At Home

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by today! I'd like to share with you a brag book that I altered using Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime 12x12 Deluxe Collectors Edition Paper Pad for Cut At Home


This book has photo sleeves which hold 4x6 photos.

I'm using a book I picked up for about $1 at Michaels. It has wire binding. I was able to bend back the wires, which allows me to remove the front and back cover.

I decided to spray paint this album, getting rid of the ugly blue that it is. I choose a color that would best fit my paper. I'm using Krylon Coral Isle. 
Using the gorgeous Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime Collection. I'm such a fan of this paper collection. There are so many beautiful elements to fussy cut out. While the spray paint was drying, I cut down my papers to size, fitting on the front, back and inside covers. To the front of the cover, I cut out one of the elements from the paper collection.

I then fussy cut out two of the beautiful fairies and some of the flowers. Before adding this straight to my cover, I decided I wanted it to be raised off the page slightly, therefore I cut out two pieces of chipboard to go behind my decorative piece. I cut it almost to size, making sure it was fully covered. I wanted it to fully support my piece. I added my fussy cut pieces. To cover the book with my papers, I chose to use the new Angel Craft Podge.
Angel-Craft-Products-Angel-Craft-Podge-cut-at-home-2094429-20193-0
 This new Podge is amazing! I have used it for several books already. I also used it to adhere paper to wood. It works on all mediums. I love that it is a thin consistency and has a brush in the cap, which makes clean up so easy! This Angel Craft Podge cleans up easily with soap & water, and has very little odor. I'm very sensitive to smells and this does not bother me at all! This is a great glue to use...it dries quickly as well! There will also be a matte finish...and even sparkle coming soon, I can't wait for that!
After adding all my pieces to my front cover, I finished off the book with some beautiful flowers and leaves. I also cut off the manufacturer's strip from the paper, which displays the name of the paper "Once Upon a Springtime", and added that to the front cover.
You can't go wrong using Graphic 45 papers! They have the most unique designs, and I love the quality! I sure hope you've enjoyed the project today. 
Please check out Cut At Home's Blog for all the product codes, and lots of inspiration. They will also share what specials they offer. Please also check out the video below for a step by step process. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Corene~

No comments:

Post a Comment