Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hello! I'm sharing a couple of very simple and fun birthday cards today for Cut At Home.




I'm using Lawn Fawn's Bake Me a Cake stamp set. This is an adorable stamp set that gives so many different options. This stamp set has quickly become a favorite of mine!



With this set, you can choose to make three different type cupcakes. You can layer cakes as high as you'd like, or one or two if you choose. This also comes with several ways to decorate your cake, along with a Happy Birthday sentiment and two different cake stands to choose from.

I first stamped my cake on Ranger's water color paper, thinking I might choose to water color this. I also choose to use Staz-on ink being that it is a solvent based ink pad, therefore it will not smear with water, and dries instantly.  I ended up not water-coloring this image, therefore I could have used a smooth white cardstock with any ink I wanted instead.

Being that this was the first time I've used this stamp set, I first made sure to stamp each piece off on a scrap piece of paper, which will get rid of any residue that may be on the stamp. I then stamped each of the five layers of cake, stamping two separate cakes.

I'm also so excited to be using the Tim Holtz Distress markers. This is my first time using them, and I'm in love!! They are so easy to work with, and the colors are just beautiful!




I colored each cake (colors listed on Cut At Home's Blog) with two different colors. I then stamped out the frosting swirls. To get a perfect cut for the frosting on the cakes, I also stamped out two of each layer on each cake. This gave me a perfect guide to cut out the portion that will be my frosting. After cutting each one, I then colored them with the lighter shade I used on the cakes, which gave it a great contrast.

I added a small bow that is also in this stamp set to the first layer on each cake. I then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment to each one. Cut them out to add to the front of my card. You can find all the measurements on Cut At Home's Blog here.

On the Yellow/blue card, I popped up the white mat with stamping by adding chipboard behind the mat. I then added a few enamel dots to finish it off.

On the pink card, I did finish off the inside of the card by using up the left over pieces, and adding another stamped cake to the inside.



I hope you've enjoyed today's project. This was so much fun. I will be using this stamp set for many, many cards. For step by step , please click on the video below


Please check out Cut At Home's Blog for all the details on measurements, and products used.
Thanks for stopping by! ~Corene~


You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations


No comments:

Post a Comment