Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fun & simple brag book using G45's Gilded Lily!

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'm sharing with you a very fun & simple to put together brag book for Cut At Home.

2015-06-16 16.53.40 2015-06-16 16.53.48 2015-06-16 16.54.34

I've chosen the stunning Graphic 45 Gilded Lily collection.
12

I've cut two pieces of medium-weight chipboard to 5x7, and four pieces of the 8x8 Gilded Lily paper to 5x7 as well.
Using Neenah Mid-Tone collection (kraft) paper, I've cut down ten pieces of paper to 5x7 which gives me 20 inside pages...perfect for adding photos or journaling to.
I adhered all my patterned paper to the front and back of my chipboard using Angel Craft 1/4" Tape. You want to make sure to use a very strong adhesive.
Using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, I've edged both the front and back cover's using a mini blending tool.
Wanting to give my cover a unique & beautiful shape, I chose to use Spellbinder's A2 Bracket Borders One dies.

thumbnailThis set comes with seven dies. Four of them are edge dies, where they cut the edge of the paper. The other three are decorative dies. You can choose to use a decorative die, along with an edge die for a unique look on the edge of your paper. Simply line them up. They line up perfectly together.

Using my Sizzix Big Shot Machine, I ran my cover paper through, using two of the decorative dies, and one edge die.

2015-06-16 17.50.38 Here is a sample of how I lined my dies up to cut my patterned paper out. I used washi-tape to hold them in place, as I ran them through my die cut machine.

I did use a ruler to give myself a guide to help line up my dies. You can choose to eye-ball it if you'd like.
These dies fit perfectly across a standard sized A2 card. They have small notches on either end of the die, which will help as a guide lining it up.

2015-06-16 16.55.43 Here's a closer look at the finish these dies give.

I then used the Cinch binding machine, to bind my book together. You can also bind your book with rings, ribbon, twine or anything thing you choose. I finished my book off with some beautiful cotton lace trim, flat-back pearls, and flowers. I also choose two die cuts from the Graphic 45 Tags & Pockets, edging them in Vintage Photo, and giving them dimension with chipboard.

2015-06-16 16.53.57 2015-06-16 16.53.53

Here's photos of the inside front & back pages.

2015-06-16 16.55.32 2015-06-16 16.55.27

Here is my back cover. I absolutely love this new collection from Graphic 45!

2015-06-16 16.54.06

I sure hope you've enjoyed today's project! I do have a full process video showing this project. If you'd like to follow along, please check out my YouTube channel.
Thanks for stopping by!

Products are all listed on Cut At Home's Blog. I hope you stop by & check it out.

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations
Corene

No comments:

Post a Comment