Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Mother's day Card!

For today's Mother's Day card, I'm using Sizzix Adhesive Sheets from Cut At Home! These sticker sheets easily transform your favorite die cuts into ready-made stickers! These are great to have in your craft room!
71hk84DchTL._SY355_image
Here's a standard A-2-sized Mother's Day card I made:

2016-04-25 16.45.48 2016-04-25 16.46.00 2016-04-25 16.45.52

For my card base, I've used white cardstock cut to 5 1/2" x 11", scored at 4 1/4". I used a beautiful Spellbinders Floral Card Front Die:
spellbinders-shapeabilities-floral-decorative-card-front-die
To give my card dimension, I've used craft foam behind this Spellbinders die, using a white piece of Fun Foam. You can find this in any craft store. I first removed the backing sheet of the Sizzix Adhesive sheet, then added my foam to it. I then burnished it down with my bone folder. This then transfers the sticky to the foam. Once removing the adhesive backing, it left me with a sticky piece of foam, therefore I've added my patterned paper to the foam piece, then cut off any excess. Now my foam is ready to add my die to & send through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I used my Sizzix Precision Base Plate, which allows me to get a smooth cut. This works great for any intricate dies you may have. After running this through, I was able to pop out all the negative pieces, and embellish my card.

2016-04-25 16.46.06

For the patterned paper, I used Prima's Stationers Desk Collection.

I've added my sentiment that I printed out from my computer, and backed it on chipboard. I added a few Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, and finished it off with a few pearls.

I have a video demonstration...if you're interested in that, along with a list of supplies, please stop by Cut At Home's Blog.

Thanks for stopping by & I hope you have a wonderful week!

~Corene~

You can also find me at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/corenescreations

No comments:

Post a Comment